Sunday, May 06, 2007

Gas prices...

Get this: People are freaking out because gas hit a nationwide average of $3.07 a gallon. $3.07 per gallon! Where I live it hasn't been that low for about six months or more.

Take a peek: http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/06/news/economy/gasoline/index.htm?eref=rss_topstories

They say the highest average is $3.49 in San Francisco. I don't think their survey or however they got this data is quite far-reaching enough. It is ten cents more expensive here. I will not take pity on someone who complains when they are paying a few cents more than $3.00 for a gallon of gas. Give me a break!

I thank my lucky stars that I do not drive here because to fill the car I usually drive (a 1989 Toyota Camry) it would cost $43.08. Over forty dollars to fill a tank! Back home, it would cost me $41.28 if I filled up in my home town (mailing address city, because I'm technically unincorporated) and in one of the other places I'd fill up it's $40.68.

Time to go, finished with my rant. Tata for now.

No comments: