Monday, October 16, 2006

Totally awesome day

Today has been so totally awesome. My second (and last) class of the day was canceled. I had a fan-smegging-tastic workout at the gym on the ellipticals. I burned about 175 calories in twenty minutes. I usually burn about half that amount or less in the same amount of time. Yoga was fast-paced and went by very quickly, a good and bad thing at the same time. I did two things today in that class that I've been trying to do for a couple classes now: crow and a position that I don't remember the name to, but requires a whole lot of flexibility, not my strong point. Crow requires that you pretty much put all your weight on your lower arms. I could hold it for about two seconds, but that's a very good starting point. Let me see if I can find a picture.

That's the best picture of it I could find. It requires a balance of strength, balance and flexibility very typical of vinyasa yoga, at least. I haven't ever practiced anything else, so I don't know if that is true of all schools. All I know is that all this working out and yoga make me feel really great about myself. I feel stronger and healthier. I love having pretty much unlimited access to a gym that I don't have to pay extra for.

The only part about this day that wasn't utterly awesome was the food. I had leftover pizza for breakfast and the lunch and dinner in the dining hall wasn't that great. Well I don't know what else to say, so I think it's tata for now.

No comments: