Monday, February 05, 2007

The first exam of the quarter

Man, there is nothing like writing straight for one hour to make you appreciate your lovely laptop. This is especially true because I am a slow writer. Any other kind of test, short-answer, multiple choice, fill in the blank, I'm great at and I'm usually one of the first finished, which was great last quarter. This exam and the other two for my political science class are entirely writing. Four 100 word paragraph, "short answer questions", and one large essay, consisting of three 100 word paragraphs. In addition to writing slow I think my other problem is that I have a tendency to want to say too much. Probably one of the seven paragraphs I wrote in the last hour was a hundred words exactly or less, and that was the last one when I was strapped for time.

The fortunate thing, however, is that I knew what I was talking about. Each question I could do a simple outline in my head and start the paragraph within about a minute of finishing the previous one. I can think much faster than I can write, but about the same speed as I can type, which lends itself very well to the notes I take in that class.

Let's hope I did as well as I think I did.

Tata for now.

No comments: