Sunday, February 04, 2007

On (Not-so) Super Bowl Sunday

It is 5:00 and I am not watching "the game". You ask me why I'm not watching "the game". I could give you a myriad of answers, but I will stick to the most basic and completely honest answer I have: I don't want to. As I said to one of my friends online: "I. Don't. Like. Football." How could any red-blooded American not like football you ask? Well, let me clarify: I don't like professional sports. The only reason I don't say that I don't like sports, period, is threefold. The first reason is that I don't mind college sports, being in college myself. This does not, however, mean that I'm going to follow my school's team anything. I just don't mind them because they don't get paid monstrous salaries for running around on a field bumping into each other and yelling primal screams. No, they don't get paid for this as far as I know. The second reason is that I have played sports, way back when. Finally, there are a few sports I don't mind watching including soccer (sometimes), volleyball, and curling. Figure skating can be okay, but as long as I'm not forced to watch too much of it.

I have ever intention of doing something more productive than gluing my eyeballs to the closest television. It may just be writing this blog, but even this is better.

Tata for now.

No comments: