Friday, November 03, 2006

Tapping my fingers on the table of infinity

Catchy title, huh?

The only reason I can actually get online is because of the wireless network in the Union building. The Ethernet is not working in my dorm. So I walked down to the Union building in my slippers (don't worry I had actual clothing on) in the rain to write the online responses I needed to have done by ten o'clock this morning. At least seven sentences each. The first one I was counting the sentences, but the second one I really got going on and ended up with nine sentences, most of them fairly long.

I wish I could get something at the cafe here, but there is a huge line right now and I have no particular interest in waiting. I think it will clear up sometime and I have no particular interest in leaving right now, so I think I'll just stay put and watch it from my strategic post near the market. Watch the pattern of people. Watch them come in and out, in and out, waiting for their morning coffee. Ha ha. I predict that in about eight or so minutes at ten o'clock a great deal of them will be gone and I can get my Italian soda or smoothie. I haven't tried their smoothies yet and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I haven't had breakfast yet and I'm thinking that the market serves breakfast still, so I might give up my post watching the lines at the cafe and get something to eat, if they take something other than actual money. Maybe. No hurry.

I think I'm going to go for now, but I do have about five hours left on my battery, so I'm not too particularly worried about getting my power cable from the room.

No comments: